Sunday 12 August 2007

Twisted Threads Removed

I was not completely satisfied with this wing. When I stitched the foundation, I worked hard to keep the stitches parallel and a neat edge and I was pleased with my work, but when I started to add the diagonal holding, some of the stitches did not lay nicely. I am not sure why this happened; I think that my foundation stitches may have been too close together so when the holding stitches press them to the background fabric they cannot all fit in.

I've said before how reluctant I am to remove work, especially if I am not certain that I will do things any better the second time, but the more I looked, the more I disliked it. I feel I have to at least try to improve on this. Before I can change my mind I have taken steps that leave me no choice.

No comments: