Sunday 16 March 2008

February TIF - Stitching 1

I barely managed any work on my February TIF for three weeks. First I took a week out with my injured thumb, then although I took it with me to Marrakech I didn’t get much done. I could have done some in the evenings except that the lighting in our hotel room was not bright enough for me to stitch by. It was probably a good thing as it meant that I completely rested my hand for the week before my Japanese Embroidery.

Again, I took it to Bournemouth thinking that I might want to work on it in the evenings but I was so enjoying my Phase IV that I worked on that as much as possible.

As I said in an earlier post, there are nearly 1500 cross stitches in the background. I’ve done a little bit here and a little bit there and finally completed them.


Next, I worked on the foreground. I’ve experimented with pulled thread work here to create a completely different texture and feeling from the background. This is the first time I have done any pulled thread work and I really like it. I think I will have to try more of that in the future.


So now that background and foreground are complete. I think that I have achieved what I wanted to with the darkest blue fading into the lightest and a completely different look to the foreground.


Now I can start work on the main motif.

Happy Stitching

No comments: