Sunday 5 October 2008

And there it was gone ...

It is somewhat disheartening to spend the last 5 minutes of an hours stitching taking out the previous 55 minutes work, but I find myself more inclined to listen to the nagging voice that tells me that something is not right. Nine times out of ten I find it to be right so I may as well give in sooner rather than later.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

Given that I have spent the last six months practising gold work I thought I was getting the hang of it but today I felt like a complete beginner again. Granted I was working with imitation gold and compared to real gold it feels very unyielding. I am very tempted to do the remaining gold work with real gold but the look is too different to contemplate that option. The other thing that I noticed is that the koma I have the #4 imitation gold on are much lighter weight than the koma I have my real gold on. They are not substantial enough to hold the metallic threads taught.

But only a bad work man blames their tools. Next time I will do better!

Happy Stitching

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oohh - dont you just hate it when that happens!? I like the basket weave effect

Jane said...

Oh no, my heart goes out to you. It is a lovely pattern