Sunday 6 November 2011

Floral Melody, Leaf 7

The large leaf on the left was one of the first motifs that I beaded but I had not filled in the background. At first I was not certain which beads and which techniques I wanted to use. Completing the other large motifs helped me reach a decision on how to proceed. I forgot to take progressive photographs but the two pictures below show the leaf before and after I have beaded the background.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

After beading a couple of partial motifs I reached the first land mark on this piece, the completion of the large motifs.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

Happy Stitching

3 comments:

Marjolein said...

Beautiful!
I am surprised that the beads in the background with no specific color make such a difference.

Rachel said...

Great to see all the progress you're making here. Love those colours!

MeganH said...

It looks just *lovely*