Tuesday 3 January 2012

Small Flowers, 9

This is how Floral Melody looked before I added the small flowers.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

I worked a couple of flower types at a time, starting with the largest. When I had completed all of the same flowers, I stood the frame up and reviewed my progress.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

I wanted to make sure that I had enough beads to do all of the same flowers in the same colour way and that the overall effect was balanced.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

The first few flowers were predominantly red or orange and at that stage the overall effect was very orange.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

But gradually the smaller blooms, worked mainly in the blackberry, blue and green beads began to make their presence known.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

This is how things looked with all of the small flowers added (including one that I forgot to write about!).

Happy Stitching

4 comments:

Elizabeth Braun said...

Looks terrific! Well done.=) Can you please send me some of your motivation express??LOL

Connie said...

Oh my goodness. That is so beautiful. I love seeing the progression photos.

Rachel said...

All the smaller elements are pulling the whole thing together now - it's looking really good!

Marjolein said...

Nice to see this series of follow-up pictures. You can see it actually grow.
It looks terrific!