Thursday 13 September 2012

Forget-me-not

My local branch of the Embroiderer’s Guild always has a social evening for the July meeting. Sometimes we have a small competition. This year we were invited to make Magic Wallets for the competition.


Although I had plenty of notice, I ended up making mine at the last minute.


And instead of keeping it nice and simple, I decided to make my own silk paper and speckle it with gold leaf!


The metal thread that I used in the sewing machine kept jamming and breaking so it all ended up being a bit rushed and stressful. Give me hand stitching anyday!

Happy Stitching

3 comments:

Elizabeth Braun said...

That sounds like a trick I'd try - know about something for months and then drag my heels until the last second to do it....

Rachel said...

I'm with you about hand-sewing rather machine-sewing!

Moonsilk Stitches said...

What are Magic Wallets? I love your sweet design. I prefer handsewing, too, for most things.