Saturday 22 December 2012

The Long and Twisty Leaf

No progress pics this time. I had outlined the leaf shape before I did the bronze paisley then realised that the bronze paisley is on top of this leaf so I had to work that before I could go on with this. When it came to filling the shape, I just sat down one morning and beaded away. It was one of those wonderful moments when everything fell into place.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

I have used several shades of tricut beads again to blend from petrol blue at the base of the leaf to light green at the tip of the leaf. I have kept the dark shades on the inside of the curve to create shadow there but I have also added very dark, almost black, beads to the outer edge to create texture.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

The leaf is quite broad so I have added padding to support the moriage. The padding is placed towards the inner curve and the dark beads on the outer edge are couched down so the shape is a-symmetrical.

Happy Stitching

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the effect of the padding!

Anonymous said...

This is magnificient beadwork, and the padding effects works wonders. May i ask you what do you use for padding?