Friday 5 April 2013

The Ivy

Now there were only the ivy leaves to stitch but the deadline was drawing very close and I had other pressing matters to attend to! I would like to be able to write that I had planned to show the different developmental stages of the ivy leaves by the way that I stitched them but that is not the case. As time drew shorter it became apparent that I could not stitch all of the ivy leaves as I had originally intended. I was compelled by lack of time to devise an alternative plan.


© Carol-Anne Conway

I had already split stitched the outlines of some of the leaves and liked the way that they looked. I decided to thread paint a selection of the leaves but leave the rest of them as outlines.

© Carol-Anne Conway

Happy Stitching

2 comments:

Rachel said...

It seems to me that your new strategy is going to work rather well...!

Radka said...

And the result is beautiful :-)