Monday 1 April 2013

The Tree Bark

The bark that still clings to the tree has a rougher texture than either the exposed wood or the tree creeper. I stitched an under layer of colour in long and short stitch but made the angle of the stitches more irregular than I normally would.

© Carol-Anne Conway

© Carol-Anne Conway

© Carol-Anne Conway

© Carol-Anne Conway

When I had finished I thought that the bark still looked too smooth so I over stitched with irregular cross stitches to rough it up a bit. It still does not have the course roughness that I was looking for and it is nowhere near as effective as the wonderful bark I saw in the Threads of Silk and Gold exhibition. I am slightly disappointed with this bit but don’t have time to rework it. The deadline was drawing close and I still had a lot of stitching to do.

Happy Stitching

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I think your cross stitches are a great idea!