Saturday 8 March 2014

Feathering my Motifs

On side one I tended to start with the inside of each motif, picking out the features I wanted to accentuate and then working outwards leaving the 'feathery' bits to last.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

On side two I planned to work things more or less in reverse order so when I had completed as many of the gold outlines as I could, I started on the 'feathery' bits.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

For no other reason than it pleased me to do it that way, I worked all of the red/pink feathers first ...

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

... and when they were done, went back and worked all of the green feathers.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

The feathers took 12 hours to complete.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

Happy Stitching

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Embellishment can add so much depth to printed fabric, can't it? I like your colour choices. Have you seen some the historical examples - there are some wonderful examples in eurpoaische stickerien

Rachel said...

Glorious indeed!

Cath said...

Nice colours in the feathering. The green and pink ones have particularly nice lines.